- Prevailed in multiple labor arbitrations contesting both discipline and contract interpretations.
- Advised parties on labor contract negotiation issues.
- Advised clients on obligations under the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and ERISA-governed welfare benefit plans.
- Negotiated settlements both with opposing counsel and with administrative agencies.
- Prepared National Labor Relations Board unfair-labor-practice charges and position statements in response to unfair-labor-practice charges.
- Assisted in counseling clients on trade secrets, confidentiality, and covenants not to compete.
- Assisted in preparing a Fair Labor Standards Act collective action through discovery and settlement.
- Assisted in counseling clients on False Claims Act and federal whistleblower issues.
- Represented clients before state administrative agencies.
- Negotiated resolution of disputes under the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act between public employees and employers.
- Advised clients on state and federal school law.
Professional Activities and Bar Memberships
- State Bar of Texas
- Texas; U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
Education and Background
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D. with honors, 2011 (Texas Law Review member)
- Rice University, B.A. in Biology, 2005 (Century Scholar)
- Law clerk to the Honorable Cathy Cochran, Texas Court of Criminal Appeals, 2011-12