- Represented clients in state and federal court involving constitutional and Title VII claims.
- Successfully represented employers before the EEOC.
- Obtained summary judgment in a federal age and race discrimination case.
- Assisted in reaching a favorable settlement in a sexual discrimination case.
- Represented employers before the Texas Workforce Commission in claims for unemployment compensation.
- Successfully defended clients before Independent Hearing Examiners appointed by the Texas Education Agency involving special education and employment matters.
- Assisted in several appeals to the Fifth Circuit involving First and Fourteenth Amendment challenges.
Activities And Bar Membership
- Houston Bar Association
- Admitted to Practice: Texas, 2008; U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
Education And Background
- J.D., 2008, University of Houston (The Lex Award for Scholastic Excellence in Legal Analysis, Research and Writing; Public Interest Law Fellow; Houston Journal of Health Law and Policy, Chief Articles Editor, 2007-2008)
- B.A., 2003, Rice University
- Prior to joining Muskat, Martinez, & Mahony, Ms. Stein practiced school law with Bracewell & Giuliani and Thompson & Horton LLP